just need some reassurance

please tell me what milestones yor 8mth old has reached and which ones they have not, my little one is 8mths but he was a preemie and seems a little behind, which I know is ok and expected, I just need to relax. He is growing and is a very good baby.
Its so hard not to worry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was very advanced, so I want be any reassurance with that. But just calm yourself, your son was a preemie so he will most likely be a little behind period. As long as you see him striving I wouldn't worry. Is he rolling over yet? Is he trying to crawl? Eating baby food? Maybe pulling himself up along furniture?? As long as your pediatrician doesn't seem concerned I wouldn't be either.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• He does roll everywhere, not crawling, doesnt try to pull up on anything, really doesnt like tummy time very much, no teeth, but is eating baby food. I try to keep him on the floor as much as I can,
    I know I worry to much! Doctor expects him to be behind and says he will catch up. My older boys were way ahead also, I think that is why I worry. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• all children develope at their own pace. at 8 months my son was rolling over, crawling, eating baby food, and standing with help. i wouldnt be too worried not every child develops by textbook example every child is different
    italianmami9457

Answer by italianmami9457 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• All children develop differently. Do not compare your child to others, it will drive you nuts. Keep doing what you are and he will do everything he is supposed to, when he is ready. My son rolled over and sat up late because he was a rolly polly. He also walked before he crawled. A lot of kids don't like being on their tummies, just keep at it and he will get used to it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I always thought you would compare premies to how other kids the age the would be if born full term. So if a month early, compare to other 7 month olds. But don't worry aobut being behind. All kids develope differently. My dd rolled over really early, but is just now talking a whole lot at almost 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2009