Baby food

My son is 5 months old and I just started him on baby food a few days ago.I have tried the fruits first and then I did the veggies. Well i gave him green beans last night for dinner and he was making this awful face like he didnt like it at all . he had the face of "get that shit outta my mouth" lol .. so i didnt give him anymore. should i keep feeding him them or just move on to the next veggie and try it again later??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the "experts" say to try it several times before you give up on it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Keep offering it to him! I forget the statistics, but they say babies need to try something numerous times before they like it. Give him a bite every day before his other food, and he may just decide he wants more!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Try again later. It usually takes a couple of times for different foods for a baby to like. But, wait a few days before trying it again. Just stick with 1 fruit though. Since fruits taste sweeter, babies are going to like those better, so don't try too many fruits until your LO has gotten used to different veggies.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I say try again. However, my son at 6 months, refused spinach. I mean wouldn't even let me put it in his mouth. I had to force the spoon in and he promtly let it all back out. I tried and tried to no avail. He still won't eat it. Also around that time, he refused all baby food from a jar, and I homemeade all his food. All simple veggies and meat with no add ins. He ate those just fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I would keep giving it.... if he's not spitting it out then don't worry about the face. My son still makes an icky face even on the things I know he loves... and he used to do it all of the time when we frist started. He makes the face for every new food he trys and the first the first bite of every meal.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• lol mine did that with avacado, he went so far as to start gagging on it. We tried it about 5 1/2 months amd we did try it a few other times, same reaction. Now he's 7 months and just the other day I was eating one and he started wining for it, so I gave him a piece and he loved it. So even if your LO doesn't like it now, don't stress they might like it later on.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2009