Picking up dog bm

Does anyone pick up after they dogs on their walks? In our small, but nice town, we have an enormous amount of dog owners who love to get out and exercise with their dogs. I love this opportunity too esp. when the weather gets warm. We have two shih tzu's.

But its incrediable how many dog owners will NOT pick up after their dogs and it annoys the crap out of me. Esp. at the local park where small children run thru the grass. Our town has even put out doggie bag receptacles.

The hubs watched someone walk their two large dogs down our sidewalk, and watched her poo the dogs in our neighbors yard, and she never picked it up. Like she thot it wasn't her responsibility. My husband asked "Should I speak to someone when I see this?" I don't know. We thot about offering a dog bag. LOL Wouldn't that embarrass the bahooty out of them? :)

Any clever ideas?

lifeasinoit

Asked by lifeasinoit at 10:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pets

• I have an enclosed back yard and have always had one for one, two, then three dogs at once. I have never allowed my kids to take our dogs on walks cuz I personally am offended by dog poop. And I don't want to offend another one. Just try putting up a small sign on your grass of the usual sentence of I don't poo on your grass please don't poo on mine. Usually dog walkers will not allow poo where they know home owners do not want it. Maybe start a neighborhood poo commisssion and hand out the signs for poofree zones? I never understood it either. If ya gota back yard why nastyup some one else's yard? And even if ya don't got a back yard why can't yer doggie doodle at light posts and phone posts? Sigh. I must be stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• The same thing happens in my neighborhood even though there is an actual law that says you have to have your pet on a leash, and you have to pick up his poo. I know it's a dirty job, but I say, if you won't pick it up, let your dog poo in YOUR yard, not mine. If I saw someone letting there dog poo in my yard I would walk out with a bag and say "here ya go'. And my neighborhood is small, if they wouldn't do it, I'd pick it up and follow them home and put it on there porch. Serves them right.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• the one time my dog pooped in someone else's yard, I went home, got a bag and came back to get it.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think if the dogs are pooping in your yard i would definitely say something. I have before. I watched a dog do it in our front yard, and it saunter back to its yard. All our neighbors see and know we used our front yard as our kids playground (we had a slide/climber out front, and played outside every warm day). One day my kids ran to get into my car, and ended up stepping in a big pile of poop, and got it all over my floorboards..it was soo nasty! So i got mad and walked over to their house, and knocked on their door and told them the problem. From then on they keep their dog off our front lawn, and we moved our kids toys and such to the back yard. Its rude to let your dog poop on someone elses yard, and not pick it up.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I knew someone that got so fed up with their neighbors dogs doing it so much, even after they were asked to clean up after their dogs. They put it in a paper bag and left it on their porch every time they pooped in her yard. Eventually they got the picture..lol
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• As my friend and I were exercise walking last spring, we had to dodge dog poop on the sidewalk!!! YES!! That's what I said, the sidewalk! We were repulsed. WHO lets their dog poop on the sidewalk? That's not even normal dog behavior.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ohh i always pick it up!! and if im at the park and i see someones dog crap and they dont pick it up, i offer them a bag!! i always bring extras...they get pissed off, but whatever i dont need my daughter stepping in this shit!! i have 3 dogs, so im cleaning up my backyard every single day..sometimes twice in the summer...the joys of having dogs!!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• we have an elementary school right next door, AND we have lots of not-your-own-yard, and sidewalk poopers in my neighborhood! i just dont let our dog stop and sniff ANYWHERE that is not home. a walk is a walk, not a time to mark territory! your dogs territory is your territory, there fore your dog shares what you give him, with the rest of the family.
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I do. And even though I do I still hate when they poo in someone's yard. I had a sign in my old yard (base housing where you WERE to pick up after your dog) that said I don't poop in your yard please don't let your dog poop in mine. Haha!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• aw that does suck. i live on in island in a place called 'the gadens' in Ocean City NJ.if we dont pick up our pets messes we can be kicked out of the development.
    mommymoyer

Answer by mommymoyer at 8:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2009