Was I RIGHT?

Ok so my I have 2 best friends they both live together with thier SO, BF1 asked if she could take my daughter to the zoo and wanted to pick her up the night before to spend the night because we live a little out of the way, BF2 told me she was going to go with her both were taking thier SO, they have both been involved in my daughters life anywho long question short. BF2 droped my daughter off after the zoo trip and we were talking and she was telling me how she caught bf1 so smoking pot... So a few days later BF1 came over and I confronted her about it.. now bf2 is mad at me beacause I said something. Turned out she caught him a week before not the day that they had my daughter was I in the wrong to say something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let her be mad, but who is to say the bf1 so isnt doing it while/before your daughter is there? I wouldnt stand for it. Sorry. My kids will not be around people who do drugs. Just explain it to her that its your daughter they have, and I am sure she would be the same way.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I totally agree with MSully3.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i agree with pp
    melissabilliot

Answer by melissabilliot at 11:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Doesn't matter how good of friends you are with anyone, when your daughters well-being is in question - she's who matters First -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters. She'll understand when she's a mother. When your child's health and safety is an issue you have the right to question people's behavior.

I would tell her something along the lines of "I'm sorry I offended you by asking, hurting your feelings was not my intention. But I don't want my daughter around drugs and when I heard from someone that he was caught with them, I needed to be sure that you knew my feelings on the issue since you act in my place when I'm not there."
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I dont think that you were in the wrong for asking about it. It is better that you found out at all that your BF has someone around them that does smoke drugs for the purpose of your child being around that person. As far as the BF2 goes, I think that she did not want you to mention that you heard it from her because it makes a awkward situation at home for her. (You dont give up your resources :) Use your best judgement on rather you want your child around that person knowing the information you received on them though.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 2:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Thank you guys I apperciate it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 10, 2009