If you are a citizen what do you think about having a baby in another counrty?

Im planning on having another baby but im not currently in the states i had said if i had another baby here then i would leave when i the limit is for pregnant people to go on planes but then again i dont want to be away from my husband for so long. and he cant come with me. But then i dont now if i should become a citizen of this country or should i not and still have my baby here? but then again i dont like that shot that they put on the babys arm when they are born its so ugly all my family has it. i just dont know. what do you think?

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 10:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what are you talking about, shot? what country are you in?

My mother is a US citizen, my father is German. I was born on German soil as was my sister. I would LOVE for my children to have been born in Germany. If it was possible, I would do it! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• why are you in another country ? militray ? id personally would come back state side to have my baby then go back , i also think my husband would want me to do that lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no need to become a citizen of another country either. Your baby will be a US citizen, and could receive benefits from both countries :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You need to check with the US Embassy in the country you are in to see what the rules are. I'm assuming eventually you'll return to the US and I'm sure you'll want to bring your baby with you. Check and see what you would need to do to get your child dual citizenship, a passport, etc and how long that takes. The only shot I can think of that leaves a mark is small pox. You may be able to decline, but make sure you are well educated on the benefits and risks of declining the shot. If the country requires it they most likely have a good reason. You also need to consider medical care where you are. Is it as good as what you'd get in the US, maybe it's better. It's a difficult question to answer and it's going to depend on your opinions and personal views.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 10:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you are military, and living on base, your child will be considered a US citizen.. Also, what shot are you talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• im in mexico and im not sure if me myself would get better service being a mexican citizen i know my baby will be a citizen thats why i would rather have em here than leave my husband for so long he cant enter the states yet.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 10:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Polio or Smallpox? Either way, there is a reason they give those shots in un-developed countries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Please, have your baby there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• thanks for your thoughts but i am leaning tawrds here. or hopefully we can just go home soon because i also notice they love to give csections here
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 11:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• what? i thought that shot was improved... and only given to people like 40 years ago.
    wasn't it a polio scratch or something? idk.

and i think if you have your baby there. you'll be fine. if you're on base and you have your child at a hospital on base, i think that child will have a dual-citizenship.. although, i'm just guessing because that is what happened with my friend.

not sure what happens if you're not on base though. sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2009