Is it ever wierd when you run into your ex's?

I had a boyfriend way back in high school, havn' seen him in like 9 years. Havn't even ran into him in our small town. I didn' t even know he still lived here. We only dated for like 4 months, and we never did anything "sexual", and thus he cheated on me so we broke up. Was no biggie. Met the man i am married to and have one daughter with and another on the way. Anyways , the ex boyfriend if buying something from my boss, and i will be seeing him very soon. And for some reason, i am nervous about it. Why in the hell is it bothering me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's normal. I moved away from where I grew up but every time we go back to visit my parents, I get this knot in my stomach because I don't want to see my ex-fiance. We had a horrible breakup and my husband can't stand him because of some things that happened. I know it would be really uncomfortable to see him, even if I didn't speak to him. I think its mostly because of the history we have and the hurt he caused me. I am over it but I still don't want to see him. So I understand your feelings and it's normal. Just be you, act like you know who he is (because you do) but that you do not care that he's there. Just be aloof.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My husband and I were visiting our college town about three weekends ago. We stopped by a local drugstore and I just wanted to run in and grab something while he waited in the car. Anyway, DH is driving and he pulls into a parking space that was right beside a car with it's engine running and a gentleman standing outside of the car talking to the driver. I jump out of the car and discover that the gentleman standing outside of the car is a guy that I dated for about eight months some years ago. There was no way to avoid him. He gives me a big hug and has a huge grin on his face. I quickly drew his attention to my husband who was sitting in our car. AWKWARD!!!
    actress

Answer by actress at 10:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I see my ex fiance all the time. He dumped me for a model who was really rude and mean but she had a lot of money. I met my husband and we got married and had our son. I saw my ex, his wife and their 6 kids. I waved she got mad because I am still a size 4 and look great and she is about 150 lbs overweight. He called me a week later asking me to take him back his life was miserable. It told him no. I am happy and with someone who loves me and whom I love. He went on about how she does not work and got so fat after the kids. She is mean and such a rude and ugly person. I reminded him of what I told him when he left me for her. I told him someday he would regret dumping me. I had told him she was a truly ugly person on the inside and someday she would be that ugly on the outside. I hung up on him. When I see him out and about I laugh. The best revenge is living well.lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009