Does anyone have any statistics about Mexican Immigration?

I am doing a debate in my speech class about illegal immigration and need to find some statistics that I can use. I am for immigration but would like to hear all sides of the issue if anyone can find information that is proven. Thanks alot.

Tamarock

Asked by Tamarock at 10:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Tell me what kind of stats you looking for and ill be glad to check out some sites for you.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• here is a counter- its pretty interesting, but not sure if itll hgelp you being on the proside of it all..

http://immigrationcounters.com/
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Immigration is what built our country, but anyone who is for ILLEGAL immigration is a traitor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Thank you...I like being what everyone else is...a traitor.....it makes me feel special.....lol
    Tamarock

Answer by Tamarock at 11:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My three main points for my debate are:
    1. Most (52%) of immigrants from Mexico come to the U.S. between the ages of 5-17. So they basically have no choice or say in the matter.
    2. Immigrants do not take jobs from U.S. citizens...they take jobs that citizens don't want and get paid much less.
    3. It would help the country of Mexico because most immigrants just want to provide for their families and live the so called American Dream....
    I just have to come up with research to back these up....I have alot of things but I really want to let everyone know that Mexican immigrants are just people who want to help their famililes n live a happy life...they don't want to ruin yours
    Tamarock

Answer by Tamarock at 11:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Wow- i can hardly find any information on the web to help your side of the argument.. I keep finding statistics that are on the con side of this debate. Ill keep looking and if I find anything, ill let you know.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Why don't the citizens of Mexico stay home and build up their own country? They are CITIZENS OF MEXICO why are they entitled to live the AMERICAN dream--they should make their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Why don't you go down there and get paid 10 dollars or so a week and see how well you can live....isn't it strange that we help people all around the world who are living in poverty but when it comes to people that are in the same continent as us we just don't want to do anything about it. Mexico is the only country that is (I hate this word) a third world country that is next to a country that is so much better and we still don't help them. This is just my opinion though and everyone is entitled to theirs....
    Tamarock

Answer by Tamarock at 11:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• 2. Immigrants do not take jobs from U.S. citizens...they take jobs that citizens don't want and get paid much less.

this is not true at all. a whole bunch of illegal immigrants were laid off from a work place and legal Americans were waiting in line to get the jobs that the illegal immigrants lost. i will find the link for you..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Okay....I appreciate it
    Tamarock

Answer by Tamarock at 11:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2009