Is an hour long enough to wash a couple of loads at the washateria?

My washing machine went kaput last night, and i have a couple of baskets of laundry i need to do. I was going to go on my lunch hour. Do you think that is enough time to wash and dry 2 or 3 loads? I don't necessarily have to fold them up there, just get them wash and dried. I think it will probably be enough time? Do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• at a luandry mat it takes us about 2 hours because the washer goes for about 35 40 mins then the dryer at least 30 mins
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• once you are there i think an hour will be plenty of time but you do have to factor the time it takes you to get there and back to work! i go the the laundry mat all the time and it take sometimes 30 minutes just for the washer to run a cycle and then about 20-25 minutes to dry! i think you would be pushing it going on your lunch break!
    KimberlyAnn85

Answer by KimberlyAnn85 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no! You'll never get both a wash and dry out in an hour.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• 40 mins for wash usually, at least half hour for dry. Considering there's not a line lol! Sorry I know how it feels, my washer went out last year and I had to beg friends to use their washer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't risk it, unless no one cares if you're late! LOL! I like the laundry mat for the simple reason that you can wash/dry more than one load at once, but I know it's a pain to haul the stuff in there!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 12:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• We have to go to the laundromat at least once a week, actually more like 2. If we only do 2 or 3 loads, we can be done in 1.5 hours
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 12:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I used to do like 6 loads of laundry at the laundromat and it normally took like 2 hours and that included folding.

I think you could do 2-3 loads in an hour. The washing machines we had only took 22 minutes for a load. And drying took 30 minutes or so (depends greatly on dryers...ours dried fast). If your separate the clothes into more dryers they dry faster.

I think it would totally depend on the machines.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009