I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant how do I know the baby is ok?

I went to the doctor last week and had a sonogram and everything was ok, but since then I just worry. He said I should start feeling the baby moving, but I feel the baby less now then I did before (well at least it seems that way). Is there any way to tell if the baby is ok without having a sonogram done? I don't go to the doctor again until May.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just relax i know how you feel i was that way . just know that your baby if ok .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Lay on your left side and drink some apple juice. If you don't feel the baby AT ALL for two hours, call your doctor and tell them you think something is wrong and you just want to be checked early. If you don't want to go through all that, you can see if Babies r Us has the heartbeat monitors for 16 weeks. Idk if they make those or not though. You could check, or call and ask =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• she is 16 weeks kick counts dont work she may not be feeling the movement of the baby completely . drs dont have you do those til closer to your third trimester. if your worried go tot he dr .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I was the same way, dont worry sometimes the baby is moving just in a place that you cant feel, or not her kicks arent strong enough to feel yet dont worry lil mama
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• is it your first baby? i didnt feel my 1st start moving untill i was 6 months and he was perfectly fine...my second one i felt move way earlyer
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You won't feel regular movement for a few more weeks, and unfortunately, all you can do is have faith that he/she is okay. There isn't much you can do but follow the "rules" and do your best. Those home heart rate monitors are often a waste of money. Even at full term, we couldn't hear our son's heart beat, let alone at 16 weeks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2009