HELP!!!!!! please?

Okay, so... I applied for healthystart, in Ohio, online back in Feb. because it said that they could get me prenatal care, and whatnot. So, they want proof of pregnancy signed by a doctor AND number of fetuses. How am I supposed to know how many fetuses and see a doctor, if I don't have insurance? I don't know how to get this at all. Every doctor's (OBGYN) office I've called doesn't take self-pay... Idk what I'm supposed to do. How can I get proof of pregnancy AND an ultrasound w/o insurance??!?!?!???!?!!?! This is REALLY urgent please please please help!!!!

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 11:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think you can try planned parenthood or look for a free clinic . i know it would cost alot but youcould also go to the er and see ifthey can do it l
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Thanks. I tired the ER and they wont lol.. thats actually how i found out i was pregnant lol.... i cant find a free clinic in Cleveland OH that is close enough.... IDK what I'm going to do.... really. People might even think this is just a joke question, but im completely serious. I am so completely lost on what to do at this point
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You may need to go an emergency room or clinic that takes self-pay. We have many migrant workers in an area south of me. They all go to the hospital that takes people w/o insurance for all their pre-natal needs. Maybe there is something like that near you? Also try Planned Parenthood and see if they can offer anything or give you a suggestion where to go. Do you have a regular physician? He or She should be able to order the sonogram to determine what you need and will hopefully sign off on it.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Planned Parenthood or try a CareNow and see if they can do it for you.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• is there a university hospital near you ? i know most of those do self pay and some have pregnancy confirmation. also try calling your local wic office they may know where you can go . i had the same problem in OKC with my first i had to go to norman to a free clinc then to OU medical lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/findCenter.asp

About haklf way down are 2 clinics in Cleveland. There are free clinics there, and this is your baby, please dont give the excuse that they arent close enough. Find a ride or hop on a bus, but dont try to get people to help you if you dont help yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• the health department is were i had to go in OK. i kno in IN they will back date your insurance at least a month to cover any visits
    mommy806209

Answer by mommy806209 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I guess i didnt explain far enough... sorry, im starting to get paranoid. i cant take the bus, i dont have ANY money. i MIGHT have a nickle. my family literally hates me. they wouldnt give me a ride if i was dying. i have a three year old and im not going to ask someone random to take me. i dont have friends or anything around here. im not from here. i've been TRYING to help myself. the planned parenthood near me doesnt even have an ultrasound machine at their office. i would have to go about ten miles away. i actually live in Parma, OH not cleveland but cleveland is pretty close to me, well kinda....
    oh and thanks ANGIE, but we dont have carenow in ohio i guess? i tried to look for it and couldnt find it...
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2009