Do you think this is rude?

There is a house for sale across the street from us and it's between my two neighbor friends. The problem is that these two neighbors don't have fences in their backyards and neither does the house for sale. It really is pretty back there, but these two neighbors don't want a new neighbor to put up a fence and so when people come to look at the house, if the prospective buyers have kids or pets, they tell them, " oh we hope you don't need a fence b/c we don't." I think this is rude. I told one neighbor, wouldn't you want them to have a fence if they have a dog, and he said, ' invisible pet fencing". I said, "well you don't really have the right to suggest that to someone, I myself have a dog and wanted a fence and if the neighbors had said something about it i would have said tough shit".Not really but you get my meaning. Am I wrong?

GMR

Asked by GMR at 11:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pets

• You should mention something to the people who currently own the home. They're not doing themselves or their neighbor any favors by driving away prospective buyers. Those poor people may end up having to sell their house for less than it is worth because no buyer wants to deal with that crap...which will make their house value go down as well. Our neighbors recently sold their house for $30000 less than it is worth and now we're putting our house on the market and it looks like we'll have to sell for less than we paid for it, just because of our neighbor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no, I agree, if the new owners want a fence, Tough S...
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If I was selling the house I would be pi$$ed that the neighbors probably ran off a sale by now. It is rude, once some one buys a house it is theirs to do with as they please.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If I were buying it I would be irritated, but I'd still put up the fence. Unless THEY want to chase around my 1 year old this summer while I am enormously pregnant, then they can stuff it. We're even putting up a BIG privacy fence. Eventually, I am going to have even more kids running around and hopefully a little dog. Oh and the cats too.

I think it's a huge safety issue for my family and I was actually sad that the fence wasn't up already when we bought the house, I knew it would take forever to get one put up and I was right.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 11:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my neighbor put up a giant fence i was mortified...we were arguing all i thought was we will never settle this.and we didnt.so in any case i knew it was her right but in one sence they say that fences make good neighbors but i also think they can make good enemies also.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009