• In the Spotlight:

how do you unzip a file on vista?

Do I have to download a program to do this? XP was so easy I just right clicked and clicked on unzip. Its not like that with vista.

momluja

Asked by momluja at 11:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Just click on the file and it should pop open the explorer, highlighting whatever you downloaded. Then you can either right click on the file in left side of the screen and "extract all" or just move the file from the main screen wherever you want (like it's already unzipped).

I just move the file to wherever I want it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Do you have something to unzip the file? You need a program like winrar that unzips them for you. Find the direct download here. Once you've downloaded and installed the program, find the file you're trying to unzip, and right click it. Up at the top of the list that appears it should say "extract file" (if you want to tell it where to unzip) or "extract here" if you want to unzip it in the same place. It's a trial version, but it doesn't matter it's the same product. It just reminds you ocassionally that's it's a trial version and you get one extra screen telling you to continue... no big deal. Hope that helps!

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 10:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009