Wedding Night Attire?

Did you (or are you planning to) purchase a special "Wedding Night Nightie"? What did it look like? Do you still have it? Do you ever get it out and wear it?

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 11:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My night grown was me naked sorry to much info ..lol..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Someone bought me a lacy, white nightgown for a bridal shower gift. I'd been living with him for 7 years before we got married- the whole virginal, white peignoir thing was amusing. No, I did not wear it. Yes, I still have it. My daughter has used it for years; everything from princess to prom dress, and bride to dance girl in her dress up games.

mamaphouka

Answer by mamaphouka at 11:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my mom wore black to my wedding....lots of people were pissed we got married "so soon." nope nobody got me anything like that and I didn't buy one myself lol...
    Anonymous

• My Great Aunt bought be a really pretty ivory nightie with a matching ivory sheer robe. It has little pearls and beautifully embroidered lace and little bows. I tried it on, but I never wore it for the purpose of "getting in the mood". I much prefer skin-to-skin.  I wanted to get busy without having to worry about tearing the lace or losing a little pearl.  I still have it. I don't have daughters to play dress-up with it, so it'll probably hang in my closet until it disintegrates.

Moonrush

Answer by Moonrush at 12:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had a dark pink baby-doll type nightie. It was way too cheap to still be in one piece now, and I couldn't get in it if I wanted to.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 1:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• After 2 kids it wouldn't fit even if I still had it ;)
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 10, 2009