what do i give a 18 month for diarrhea?

Miss_Trina

Asked by Miss_Trina at 11:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• B.R.A.T. diet. Bananas, rice cereal, applesauce and toast. Maybe a tiny bit of childrens kaopektate.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• pedialyte, no apple juice. i am not sure if the sell anthing for stopping it. i just let it run its course unless a fever is present and i it lasts more tha a day i take hem to the er or dr.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Well When ever my kids have diarrhea I give them the same thing
    1)Iced water
    2)crackers
    3)gingerale
    4)toast
    Some times i turn the gingerale into a slushy
    If baby is dehydrated them buy electrolights
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• When my kids were that age, I was told that I shouldnt' give them anything. But I would give them a tiny bit of Pepto Bismal to take some of the acidicness away, but other than that, give him lots and lots of liquids
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Nothing with sugar in it...no juices or any drink with sugar in the ingredients. Stick to water and milk as long as milk doesn't give your kid diarrhea.

Starches and carbs, starches and carbs, starches and carbs. Worry about a balanced diet AFTER s/he's "bulked" up.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009