Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi my name is estefani i wanted to ask a question . i have a son he is 5 months old i am goin to receive child support from my babby father ? but we are planning to get married can i take the child support off?

i really want to know because we want to get back together . and we are concerned they may not take it off . can u please help me? thanks

Answer Question

Asked by yovani21 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • How did it get on there if you didn't want it? I'm assuming that the state started the support. You have to go to court to get the support stopped, they will not stop it until there are new orders entered.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • I think alot of states wait untill you are definitely married first. but you can always call and make sure at the child support agency in your state.

    Answer by AK_aries at 11:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • No dont take it off untill you officially get married who knows what can happend . and it is such a pain in the tush to get it started as long as the father is ok with that shouldnt be an issue its going back to him anyways if you are with him .if your with the baby father why did you get child support in the first place .?Make shur he is not putting that in your head to drop the child support guys do that .

    Answer by hush84 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • You can stop child support at anytime.You can also start it back up if you wanted to.Do what you think is best for your child.

    Answer by Tia23sb at 4:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.