Is anyones husband mean to them?

Is anyone husbands mean? Mine usually isn't, but all of a sudden.. He gets short with me.. He's tried to embaress me in front of my dr, my friends, and my family.. He shoots down all of my ideas.. I keep his son every weekend all weekend, beause he works, and he's even put me down about that.. Saying I'm not good enough to keep him, because once I said the word shit.. Hes 8 by the way, so it's not like he's 2 and repeats it! He's just being mean, and he's had his days of being an asshole, but now it's getting to the point where I don't know if I can stand him anymore! He picks fights with me, over nothing.. and is so chlidish about the fights.. If I say, I do alot for you, and I want some respect.. It's always.. Oh, so I don't do anything? I dont' wash clothes, do dishes nothing right?? Anyone else having this problem.. What do you do??!! I'm going crazy !

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• No way I think I married the sweetest man on the face of the earth.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Wow no my hubby and I would be in big trouble and in an unhappy, sexless, unemotional marriage if he ever came close to that. I think my hubby is mean when he's too sarcastic too many times in one day!! And I check him on it too. If DH did what you described, i would call it emotional abuse. He shouldnt be putting you down AT ALL. Has he lost personal control over something in his life? Other relationships, work, health..? Anything? Thats why they say men abuse, lack of control and it makes them feel manly. But hell to the no.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Nope and If I was I would be in the process of a DIVORSE. Thats just me tho. If he keeps it up he will convine you that you are worthless and you will spend the rest of your life depressed thinkin you aren;t good enough for anyone or anything. You might wanna think about talking to a therapist maybe see someone together.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 12:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No one should put up with that you obviously have communicated your feelings and he bashes .I Know some one like that its my kids father .I left him He is nicer now because we are not together . Some guys just can live without bull .They will find what ever excuse the ruin a day .Because they are not happy inside and they want everyone to feel that way they need help a lot of it .And it you take the pull your nothing but his verbal punching bag .And that is not healthy for you to live under so much stress unnecessary stress

hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No. I would not be married to someone who treated me that way. You should not allow him to treat you that way. If he cannot be respectful he needs to find a sitter for his child and move out.
    Anonymous

• Occasionally (very rarely) mine is like that, but I know it's when he's very stressed and he doesn't mean to be such a dick. It passes rather quickly.

Have you talked with yours about how he's making you feel?

Maybe you ought to give him a wake-up call...leave him for a few days and see how he likes it when no one is there to do things for him or take care of his son...
    You know what they say: "You don't know what you've got until it's gone..."
    Anonymous

• Was...........that's why he is now the EX-husband.
    motheroftwo1203

Answer by motheroftwo1203 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I went thru that with my ex, I just ignore and finaaly I lost myself somewhere and hated myself for staying with a guy who treats me like shit. Once I left him I found myself again and have high esteem and respect for myself as a woman. I will not ever let any man put me down or treat me like shit ever again. My fiance knows that.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• mine is like that too...
    Anonymous

• Eventually, you will lose yourself if you do not gain ground right now...It's hard being with someone who mistreats you and puts you down and especially someone that you love, regardless if he's stressed out or not, you deserve your respect.

Its either time to sit him down and talk it out or its time you put a plan in action...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 2:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009