How common is it to not get a positive pee test and still be prego?

I know this question is asked a million times but my friend is just barely 18 and doesnt have her own insurance and she doesnt have the money to pay to go to a Dr. but I think she needs to have a blood test taken because her pee tests are all coming back negative.

She is 2 and a half weeks late, boobs are swollen ect ect.

My main concern is that she thinks that just cause the pee test was negative that she's not and continues to smoke like a train and drink like a fish. :/ If she is prego she would be aprox 6 weeks.

So what I am looking for from you ladies is any personal expiriences you may have with consistant negative pee tests while being prego. I know that its not common but it does happen because certain things like smoking can dilude your test and cause a negative.

Thank you ladies.. I hope I made sense lol...

raehope

Asked by raehope at 12:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was actually close to 8 weeks pregnant when i finaly got a positive before that about 6 test were neg .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My sister in law always gets negative results on pee test. She has 2 kids and has never had one come back positive. She had to get blood tests both times. She should be able to go to planned parenthood and get one for a fairly reasonable price.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• planned parenthood acctually does blood tests? i didnt know that..
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ya they do i think for like 50 - 100 dollars depending on where youo go . i know in OKC they had one that did it free.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• yeah i just called and they wont do it unless the dr reccomends it..
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• try the local health departmetn then , also you can contact a WIC office sometimes they know where you can go fo rit .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ok cool thanks :D
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• anytime and good luck . i hope your friend figures it out soon .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• me too.. if she is i want her to stop smoking and drinking.. and her stupid bf keeps telling her to drink and smoke more so that it will die.. frikkin rude... and he says it right in front of me.. who used to smoke and drink like crazy but im now 10w4d and i havent done any of that since i found out at 4 weeks..

i dont think either of them understand how big of a deal it really is...
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i would back hand her boyfriend . what an idiot . someone should tell him that ddrinking and smoking doesnt always cause miscarriage but can usually just cause a child that has sever problems. god i hate people like that .
    ya i use to drink alot of whiskey but as soon as i found out i was pregnnat i stopped , all the tests and ultra sounds prove she is perfectly fine and healthy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009