More weaning questions...

Thanks for all of your great answers from my previous question. Another question for you.... What do I do when my son wants to nurse and just cries and wines until I give in. I try whole milk, but I am sure he just wants the comfort of nursing. I have tried to just keep him occupied and it works but when it is time for a nap he really wants to nurse. How do I stop this?? (can you tell I am clueless about weaning...)

magpie4325

Asked by magpie4325 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not sure how this will help you...I'm pretty much in the same boat right now. I'm not completely weaning my son yet, just want him to nurse in the morning and then at bedtime for now. What seems to be working (somewhat) with him is holding him close (nursing position) then giving him his sippy with whole milk. That way he gets the comforting sense of cuddling with mommy without the nursing. It has been working for me most of the time but not all the time. It may work for your son. Hope it helps :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Maybe work on eliminating all of the other nursing but leave the nurse before nap time, and maybe one other two important times.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009