How can I control his outbursts?

My son is 8 years old and lately has become so untolerable. Everywhere we go he makes a scene if he does not get his way. What can I do? It's embarrissing.

angiegiggles

Asked by angiegiggles at 2:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• YOUR SON DOES THESE THINGS BECAUSE HE KNOW THAT HE CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. THE NEXT TIME HE DOES IT MY SUGGESTION TO YOU IS TAKE HIM IN THE NEAREST BATHROOM AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR BUSINNESS BY ANY MEANS NECCESARY AND MAKE SURE NOONE IS AROUND AT THE SAME TIME . LET HIM KNOW THAT THIS BEHAVIOR IS NO LONGER TOLERATED. MY DAUGHTER DONE THE SAME THING TO ME WHEN SHE WAS YOUNGER, TILL THIS VERY DAY IT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE.
    kari01

Answer by kari01 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agree with the previous poster. Kids act how we expect them to act. He won't do it if he thinks you won't put up with it. My oldest son threw a fit exactly once he was about 2 and a half,(he's 8 now) we were in a restaurant, and we couldn't deal with it in public but believe me when we got home we dealt with it and he's never done it since.
    Anonymous

• mine is now 9+ & has for a yr or so been bad at arguing all of the time
    ouromnifamily

Answer by ouromnifamily at 2:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2008