how do i make "sun" iced tea?

I have a 3 1/2 liter clear plastic pitcher and have no idea how to make sun te. How many tea bags, do the strings to the bags have to be outside to pull them out, and how long do i let it sit? Temp here is about 60 during day and sunny on my deck. ty ladies :o)

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 12:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• There's no real science to it (that I know). I put 8-10 bags into my pitcher and set it out in the sun. Depending on how hot it is outside, will depend on how long it takes. In the summer, I let it sit for 3 or 4 hours....colder will take longer. Watch the color and bring it in when it looks like "tea" (LOL)
    I like to leave the strings hanging out the side to make it easier to remove them, but it deosn't really matter. A slotted spoon will get them out too!
    If you want "sweet tea", the southern way, add some sugar to it while it is still warm ~ it disloves completely this way and you don't get grainy sugar crystals =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• For that size, I'd put 5 teabags and I've heard you have to let it sit out in the sun for 2+ days.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• 5 tea bags but you only have to leave out for a few hours until it gets the color ya know what I mean? And but foil on top or plastic wrap so nothing will get into it.
    Anonymous

• It all depends on how strong you like your tea. Never let it sit out longer than about 3 hours. You should leave the string on the outside if you want to take them out. I usually go with about 4 bags per quart, and although my standard to metric conversions are shaky, I am pretty sure a quart and a liter are comparable in volume.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Anonymous

• ty ty everyone...I am making it now and going to add rasberries as well. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009