how can i get my 3yr old girl to stop being so emotional

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• its either a phase or she's learning it from someone who responds really eccentrically, or she does it all the time because she sees the response it gets her.

Anonymous

• Attention its all about it .
    I gave her more respousiblities to make her feel like a big girl and that she had to be tough .
    Like laundry she helps ,me along with cooking and pretty much everything i do .Now she is bossy
    and needy
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Find him a place to cry and whine. EX, a chair in a secluded room... no bedroom or play room.. some place with little to know stmulation, but away from were stuff happens. The second emotuions start to rise, send him to the cair and let him come out when, and only when he is done. this worked excellent with my three year old... fits are a thing of the past!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I suppose it depends on what you mean by emotional. It could be that she's very sensitive, in which case disciplining her for expressing her emotions would essentially tell her that they are BAD, which for a sensitive child could be interpreted as meaning SHE is bad for being emotional. Having strong emotions are not bad, but learning how to express them appropriately is different than trying to stop them. What is your intent...to STOP her emotions from being expressed or to teach her how to express them appropriately? If it's to stop the emotions, then there's nothing you can do. If it's learning how to express them appropriately, then practice, reflecting back to her appropriate displays, and talking can all help teach her how to express her strong emotions.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Be careful about expecting her to stop. It could also be that she has a sensitive personality. My stepfather use to make fun of me and get mad at me cause I was emotional. I never changed and still can be to this day. He kept telling me I had to tough up and all that stuff. You can't change who a person is. Now there might be a chance it is for attention, just be patient, and observe when she acts that way. Is it when she is tired? When she get in trouble? When your not paying her attention? Or is it more often like when her feelings are hurt by other kids and adults too? Also at this age they are just beginning to learn how to deal with their emotions, and that is something even as adults we are discovering. Just don't be too hard on her.
    Bigmama4Jesus

Answer by Bigmama4Jesus at 10:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Hmmm, I think that may be just a phase or perhaps it's just the way she is. I think the best thing you can do is be patient. Try to see if it's for attention or perhaps she's just a really sensitive child.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 10, 2009