I was just wondering

What the difference between a 12 month & 2t clothes is???

CadensMommy5804

Asked by CadensMommy5804 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Size. 24 mo and 2t clothes are close in size but 12 and 2t are very different.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• 2T is slightly bigger, but not much. This is GREAT size to find clearance items...check the 2T racks, since things tend to run small, there is usually a lot left!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• LOL!!! ~ I am assuming you meant 24 mo!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• (from my experience in retail) There are three classifications of young children's clothes: newborn, infant, and toddler.

Newborn stuff is sizes N-9 months, these will be more on the "cutsie" side and offer lots of gender neutral options, complete outfits/sets, and are more giftable.

Infant sizes are 6 months to 24 months, and will be "normal baby clothes" with snaps up top (for easy head entry) and on the bottom for diaper changes, the pants are also cut to accomodate a full diaper, and for a crawling movement.

Toddler stuff is cut a little bit longer, and will not have as many snaps on top, and hardly ever any on bottom. They are designed for children who are walking and transitioning from diapers to pullups/underwear. The younger sizes (2T and 3T) can accomodate a diaper, but 4T and 5T are cut slimmer around the butt.

Think of the size as an expiration date, an 11 month old is generally in 18 and 24 month, etc
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son will be two the end of this month. The only difference I have noticed between 24months and 2T is that usually 2T is longer and sometimes smaller in the butt (not allowing room for diaper is my guess) and 2T is sometimes more expensive depending on what store you're in.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• we found the difference between 24 months and 2T is the clothing for 24 months i s a little wider than the 2T. we pretty much skipped 24 month clothing, i hate wide shirts lol
    momma_dubb

Answer by momma_dubb at 4:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• OH crap--I mean 24 months and 2t.. oh geez.. hahahaha Lemme go change that... ugh!!! hahaha
    CadensMommy5804

Answer by CadensMommy5804 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ok...it won't let me edit it...I feel like a dum dum..hehehee but I appreciate everybody's answers! :) Yeah...my brain is apparently fried today... 12 months & 2t... gawd..lol anyhoo, thanks everybody! :D
    CadensMommy5804

Answer by CadensMommy5804 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009