how do I quit smoking and not loose it with the kids?

Help my hubby and I are giving up smoking in 2 days or when the smokes run out I am going to try the gum but how do I handle a very demanding 30 month old and a moody 16 year old?I am 43 and have been a smoker for 30 years!I need to be around for both of my kids so it is time but this toddler I have can be hard to handle at times. We have had some tough financial times so stress is already high but I can't spend the money anymore and I don't like the way I feel.Help!!!!!!

mommanae42

Asked by mommanae42 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• gum!
    Anonymous

• Go to a psych before you quit you might need ativan .If you use cigerates as a way of getting a away from stress you will be more successfull if you get a subsitute for it .Dont forget also people that get more energy so with that you invovle more activities with your kids it will help the bonding and they can help as the reason to stay firm quitting .You go girl good desicion

hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Just b/c you quit smoking does not mean you have to quit stepping away for a few minutes to take a break Step away like you would be smoking and go chew on some gum take deep breaths go back when you are calm
    Anonymous

• Make time for yourself. Find an outlet, exercise, go for walks, take a long bath. Learn to do deep breathing. Learn to walk away when you are starting to get stressed out. Everyone deserves a break once in a while, even when they aren't quitting smoking. Good luck!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Thank you to all today is day 5 without smoking,the gum tip has helped the most.I have been trying the nicotine gum but it is giving me a headache so I am only haveing5 to 6 pieces a day cheating is not an option.
    mommanae42

Answer by mommanae42 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009