How do I deal w/my 16yr old stp daug w/Big attitude...I feel like I can't stand her.

I am a mother of 2 daughters 3yrs and 4 yrs old. I have two SD who lived in another country and I met them only twice. Once when they were 10yrs and 6yrs, and then again at 12yrs and 8yrs. Two yrs ago, the oldest moved in w/us. We had a good relationship until her sister moved in a year later. Now the oldest has changed so much, I can barely stand to be in the same room with her.

yhmom

Asked by yhmom at 12:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• You and your husband need to talk and decide what type of attitude is acceptable. Then you need to talk to you SD and let her know what kind of behavior that you expect from her and lay down the rules of what kind of punishment will be handed out if the disrespect continues. I wish you luck. I was an attitudy 16 yo as well and I feel for my mom and what she had to deal with.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'd give her one heck of an attitude adjustment. No one is allowed to have an attitude in my house...except me. Sit her down and tell her what consequence she will get for which behavior problem and don't ever give in. Tell her if she doesn't like it she can go home to mommy. It isn't fair to the other family members that she disrupts the whole family.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 8:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• what is she doing..do you know why the behavior change
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009