baby carriers

i need to find a good but inexpensive baby carrier. im taking my dd on a plane next month and i wanted to keep her in that instead of pushing her stroller around the airport. i dont want the slings though. which ones do you recommend and where did you buy them? shell be 3 months old if that matters.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a front carrier that you can wear baby forward facing or facing out to look at everything. It was given to me but I saw it at babies r us for about 40.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• A carrier will be great for carrying her around the airport, since you will be able to have your hands free. But, they will not let you "wear" her on the plane - just thought you should know!
    There's a lot of great one's around. I used them for all my kids and tried different brands. Check your local craigslist and you can find one pretty cheap...and they're usually washable!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I used a baby bjorn (Used and purchased on ebay for $10) when I took my 4 month old through the airport. It was perfect for waiting around, and lines, but it did start to hurt my back after a while, Daddy had to take a turn with him. When he was awake it was wonderful to have him face inward since he could sleep if he wanted, but look around without getting overstimulated quickly, plus people tend to not try to touch since the baby is "in your personal bubble"

You said you don't like slings, but what about a wrap? You can make your own Mobi with 6 yards of fabric (check mobi's website for wrapping info) and they are really comfy for both of you even after hours of wear. You can also discreetly breastfeed or hide her while she sleeps, and they are great for everyday outings too. I highly reccomend looking into it.

Whatever you go with, test it for a few hours to make sure your back can handle the wear.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009