I need help!

I found out that my husband has been using crystal meth. I found this out after a recent separation due to many different reasonsl. Now that I looked up all the symptoms and signs of methamphetamine use, I discovered that he exhibited every single one of them. Now he is trying to convince me that his ex-friend, and a current friend of mine, who I've known over a year and known his family since I was twelve, is a regular crystal meth user. BUT, I have never noticed a SINGLE ONE of the signs that he exhibits....ever....and I've read and been told that it would be next to impossible to hide anything and everything abnormal about your behavior while on that drug. So my question is, is it possible to hide ALL signs that would lead someone to believe you were using hard drugs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe that friend just wasnt on it around you? If theyre doing it a long time, yes its possible to hide "symptoms". If youve known that person the whole time they were on meth, you really have nothing else to compare their actions to.. Sorry what youre going through.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• SOME PEOPLE ARE WHAT YOU CALL
    "FUNCTIONING" ADDICTS. DRUGS TAKE
    A HARDER TOLL ON SOME PEOPLE THAN
    OTHERS, BUT I DONT SEE WHY THIS OTHER
    PERSON BEING A METH-HEAD IS RELEVENT.
    IF YOU FIND OUT THIS FAMILY FRIEND
    IS A METH-HEAD WILL IT MAKE YOUR
    HUSBANDS ACTIONS MORE ACCEPTABLE?
    I DOUBT YOU CAN HIDE EVERY SYMPTOM,
    BUT I ALSO DOUBT THAT THIS PERSON
    WOULD ALLOW EVERY SYMPTOM TO SHOW
    TO EVERY FRIEND.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 1:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No. Meth is a terrible drug. And people who use is regularly, you can just tell.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely
    Anonymous

• I don't know about hiding the symptoms, but I do know that it is very dangerous, and while on it these people are out of their minds. They go days upon days without sleeping which can cause hallucinations. They look awful their skin is typically very pale with sunk in eyes and possibly scratches or sores all over arms and legs soetimes even the face. You can also tell by looking at their teeth, gross black/green teeth are a telltale sign as well.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 1:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you even suspect they are, keep them away from you and your child. Even you husband.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 1:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• if they are using consistantly it would be very hard to hide the symptoms, but if they are using just on a weekend basis or just to party then yes it is very possible to not let everyone see it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yes, it's possible. My ex was addicted to meth, and no one knew but me. His boss didn't know, his family didn't know, his co-workers didn't know. Not every meth user has a 'don't give a shit if you know' attitude. My sister was on meth for 3 years and no one knew.... because she had a history of being sickly - we just thought her weight loss and other symptoms were medical.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm OP....I've read and been told that regular users have a harder time hiding signs because of the toll it starts to take on your body and your behavior. My husband, who claims that he and this friend used together, were both around me on most all of those occasions and my husband showed pretty much every single abnormal behavior that I could find that might be associated with use. His friend NEVER acted even remotely similar. Ever since I've known him since before they were both allegedly using, he acted no different then he does now. My husband is angry at him for continuing to befriend me after our separation, so there's a part of me that thinks he is just being spiteful and vindictive because he is mad. This friend has never given me any reason to think that he is dishonest, and my husband has given me every reason in the book.
    Anonymous

• I tell you what...I used to be a pot head 2 years back. Nurses, doctors, boss's...people you wouldn't even imagine smoke pot. Now that I quit.....no one tells me a damn thing. If you don't do it they wont tell you and they will hide it from you. Your husband is probably right. Why would he lie?
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2009