Bank Question?

I had an overdraft fee on my bank account after I lost my job and didnt have the money to pay it so they closed it. I got my tax refund and now I have the money but no where to cash it? Should I open a new account and cash it and then pay for my overdraft or is there anywhere I can cash it? Its over 5,000 dollars (my tax refund check)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• You could cash it at walmart or any check cashing place.. There will be a fee though.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• you can call the bank and see if you can reopen your account and pay the fee at the same time. I would think they would be happy to have the money.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• lol i had almost the same exact problem i tried walmart but you can only cash it there if its under 3,000 so i went every where and you cant open an account with any back until that fee is paid. so i called bank of america and they cashed it but i had to bring it 2 forms of id and they took my finger print. hope this helps. o and it was only a 6 dollar charge.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Pay your bank back before you are sent to collections. If your tax return is over $5,000 then you have no reason to not get caught up on your debt.
    Anonymous