Giving my little boy a bath!

Do I give my son who was just circumcised a bath in his tub or a spongebath?? And if I need to give him spongebaths, how long until I can put him back in his regular tub?? I forgot to ask the doctor and dont want to hurt his poor little peepee :(

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i didnt bathe ethan until it had completely healed. i mean, how dirty can your newborn get, lol.
    Steph_reynolds

Answer by Steph_reynolds at 1:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My pediatrician told us to gently sponge bathe him for a week after, and always put a dab of vasoline/clear desitin on the tip at diaper changes so he doesn't stick to the diaper.

Wait on the tub for about a week and a half to be safe.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 1:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Just sponge bathing till healed i was told by my dr.
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 1:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i forgot about the vasoline, I put an ENORMOUS GLOB on Ethan till he was alllll healed up
    Steph_reynolds

Answer by Steph_reynolds at 1:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• How did they do the procedure? Does he have a bell thing or a ring of plastic artound it? if he does I would do the sponge bath untill it falls of, and if not I would still do it that way for a day or 2 anyway, butmake sure to let it air dry afterwards and put some vasseline on it after his bath. Or you can call the Dr office and ask the nurse she may have another way they prefer to do things, my boys are older now and they are always changing how they want it done, but that is how I did my kids.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No plastic ring...or anything that is supposed to fall off?? I am definitely loaded up on vaseline...that was the number one thing I was told to do. Thanks for the responses :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009