Do you think it is right to have children when you are not married?

I see more and more people who have and plan children before marriage...where are our morals and family values?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• It happens where you en up having children before marriage, and I think no baby is a mistake, a surprise maybe, but not a mistake. But I agree it is not right to PLAN a child before marriage. You are going to have this other parent in your life till the end of time anyway if you have akid together you might as well make it legit and marry them.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Maybe people dont believe in marriage? Maybe things happen? Just because someone has kids out of wedlock does not mean they dont have morals. This is whats great about the good ol USA; not everyone thinks the same, nor do we have to.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Im pregnant and not married there is nothing wrong with being a single mom. if anything it makes you stronger I dont think my morals are sistorted because Im having a baby and Im not married! that kinda offends me!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• IU have also heard the excuss that well they dont get along or have the same morals so they dont want to get married, but they will polan a kid, wht is that? it is all backwards if you ask me.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think it's up to the people who choose to have the baby. i am not married and have a 20 mon. old and don't plan on getting married anytime soon. I live with his father and it's all the same right now. I look at it has a piece of paper right now! It's just my opinion though.
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 1:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think it is best to have kids after you are married. I don't want to play house, I want the real deal and my children deserve that to. I think some people do that because welfare will pay for it
    Anonymous

• I would hope that when my daughters want to have a baby...they will have gone to college, met a good man and got married first..

I can not see getting married just because you are pregnant...

I think having a child if all is possible should come after finding the right person and making a commitment to eachother.

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i i look at it this way it dont matter to me if the baby is loved and get taken care of then it dont matter im not married and me and my boyfriend is trying to get pregnant so i dont think there is anything wrong have a baby when your not married
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 1:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think it's best to have kids in a committed relationship, whether a legal marriage is a part of that or not. I also know that life is what happens while you are making other plans, and know some very good single parents and very good parents who are co-parenting in separate households. I don't think it's "wrong" to have kids outside of marriage, even if it's not ideal.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I am so glad we live in the US. Where everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I got pregnant, and do to the guilt of the whole "not being married" I did get married and it was the BIGGEST mistake of my life. Regardless of what anyone thinks, marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be either. And a lot of people get married just to get married without the thought of what marriage actually means and entails. I am now pregnant with my second child and am not married to the father, and to be quite honest, I am happy the way things are and am not sure I will ever marry again.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009