Have you noticed...?

... that usually, at least in these forums, when there is a debate and insults are flying it's always a Christian vs Non-Christian thing? You never see a Pagan fling mud with a Muslim or a Buddhist go toe-to-toe with someone who's Jewish or an Atheist tell off a Wiccan.

It seems that it is always the Christians against every other belief in the world (or some may see it as vice-versa). Might not actually be that way, but sure seems it most of the time.

What does everyone think of it? Does anyone see it differently? Has any of it made you form a new view or reinforced an existing view of certain religions?

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe Christians are the most controversial.. Oooor maybe because Christianity is one of the biggest religious groups out there? I have noticed it too.. Religious mud slinging makes me want to stay agnostic.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I definitely noticed that. Anybody ever watch the Trading Spouses show on CMT?? There was an episode with a very religious born again Christian woman who would not accept the fact that a non-Christian woman was staying in her house and that she was stuck in a house with a non religious family!! It made me feel really bad because I am a non-denominational Christian and I have always embraced other religions. I took World Religions in college and I have my friends and some family who find faith in other forms!! People are going to have their opinions, I just find it wrong to force your child to believe what you do. My son will grow up learning Christianity at a young age, but as he gets older and doesn't feel its what he believes, I'm not going to force him to church.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yes, I have noticed it, and it really bothers me, actually. In fact, most of the time it's either a Christian slamming atheism or paganism or an atheist slamming Christianity. Occasionally you'll get a pagan slamming Christianity, but that's VERY rare. And I've also been the recipient of Christian vs. Christian.

I just don't understand sometimes why people just can't accept the fact that we are not always going to believe the same thing - even within the same religion.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It's funny that you say that because Jesus did teach tolerance...
    Anonymous

• I think it's a combination of Christianity being the biggest majority (at least in the US), which gives them more confidence, and the fact that it is part of the Christian religion to SPREAD it. Not many other religions are like this.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I've seen hate in many religions esp. the right winged, the extremest. Not just the Christians. And then they hide behind the Koran, the Bible, etc. 

Anonymous

• Yes i have noticed and no, it hasn't changed my views really. If anything, it makes me question Christianity even more than I have before.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Hmm...christian vs. atheist, christian vs pagan, christian vs muslim....I was always taught to look for the common denominator.
    Anonymous

• My view has been reinforced you could say on several topics.

I do see it as you described OP. Maybe because christians feel they must share with the world and the rest of the world doesnt see that need?
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I SEE IT ALL THE TIME, !

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009