• In the Spotlight:

my 5month old

my 5month old dont want baby food or rice cearal anymore what eles do i feed her (she only wants formula).......she was eating it and now she dont want it for the past week now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried pureeing your own baby food from real fruit and vegetables instead of buying the jarred stuff?

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no i havent tryed that with my son at 4month he had 4teeth so he was eating our food anyway and now with my daughter she has 2 little teeth and she way diffrent from my son
    Anonymous

• There is no reason that a 5 month old needs to eat solid food yet ~ Let her enjoy her bottles and try agian in another month or so!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• if you ever get a little babyfood on your finger or something and taste it *shudders* it is VILE!! I made my sons babyfood. it is REALLY easy! he didnt eat real well at first either, but, when i started making his food, he went to TOWN. if you want some recipes, shoot me a pm
    Steph_reynolds

Answer by Steph_reynolds at 1:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• if she has liked it in the past, dont worry too much about if she is refusing it. afterall, solids before a year is only for practice! if she has recently reached a milestone she might have more interest in that then staying still in a highchair, or maybe she is bored with what you're offering her! like the pp's have written, maybe try making your own food! it is healthier and can be fun once she has tasted the foods on a single basis then combine them for more flavors in one meal! are you letting her feed herself? my son only lets me feed him on occasion. he prefers using his hands to feed himself and I've learned to just let him be messy and enjoy his meal. there's a great homemade babyfood group on here
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009