Do you think people "nowadays" are overly sensitive

like with racial terms etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep. They/we are. You can't ask a question about a different race without being called racist. Don't tell me to educate myself then refuse me the education.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yes. People try so hard to be politically correct that it gets in the way in the other things.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• yes i sure do.

in fact my personal motto has been, "For a world gone tough, everyone sure is sensitive".
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 1:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• no, I think some people these days are increadingly insensitive, and it makes the sensitive ones seem more sensitive. Does that make sense?
    sophie_sue24

Answer by sophie_sue24 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• oOh yes that does make sense! i like that sophie_sue.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 2:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• *i mean.. i like the way you put it.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

• Agree with sophie sue
    Anonymous

• LOL not to hijack... but I asked a question yesterday about the difference between two cultures and got slammed for being racist by like the second or third poster. But I really do want to know.... what is a Cholo?? Cuz someone told me that I'm a Cholo. I've also been called a Mudsucker (cuz I was raised in Mississippi - I guess) . I went to an Indian reservation once and got told that they don't like White Indians ( I guess they could tell I have Indian in me)..... I've been the recipient of racial comments and put-downs..... you don't have to be any certain color to suffer from it, it seems.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think people ARE too sensitive. Everything now is "racial" in nature, and it's just getting ridiculous, IMHO.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009