PLEASE HELP!! When should a babies soft spot close?

My daughter is 9months old and her soft shop is still as big as it was when she was born.. Is this abnormal? Should I be concerned?

Savanna_Mommy

Asked by Savanna_Mommy at 1:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• About 18 months.
    Anonymous

• Has your pediatrician said anything about it? Theyre supposed to feel their heads to see if the soft spot is closing normally.. Have you seen him/her do this?

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No she hasnt said anything about it.. But most of the babies my daughters age has already closed
    Savanna_Mommy

Answer by Savanna_Mommy at 2:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• The soft spot on a childs head doesn't actually FULLY close until they are around 5 years old. It will slowly close up but it is still a soft spot until then. If you are at all worried just ask the doc at your next appointment, but I'm sure she's fine and you have nothing to worry about.
    OneTiredMamaof5

Answer by OneTiredMamaof5 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Anonymous

• My baby is 9 months and still has a soft spot. It can take up to age two to become more solid.
    Devory

Answer by Devory at 3:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009