I was just wondering, when can you start potty training?

Like what is the earliest age?

proudmomwifey

Asked by proudmomwifey at 1:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When they know what their doing in their pants you can. Like once they can tell you they went "pee pee" ect.
    Anonymous

• When they are ready. Let them give you the signs.
    Anonymous

• Around 2, I think. Some children learn earlier than others. I have heard girls are easier to train than boys.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Most of the experts usually say that they don't gain the ability to control their bladder before 18 months, so starting before then is usually hard and is more like training the parents, rather than the kids. We trained our daughter at 19 months... she did fantastic. She did not exhibit many of the signs beforehand, but it was not traumatic for her and she mastered it quickly. I think kids are ready sooner than people tend to train them these days, but that's just my personal opinion. My daughter's 22 months now and only has about 1-2 accidents a month. We went straight to underwear -- cleaned up a LOT of accident in the first days, but it was worth it. She's a confident "big girl" now and I'm glad we gave her that opportunity to master something new.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You can start intorducing your child to the potty as early as you want. My daughter is almost 6 months old and she goes atleast 7 times a day. She sits after she wakes and at diapers changes. I started because I switched to cloth diapers and I look at it like if she goes she goes one less diaper to clean up. But I was also raised in a family where you were potty trained by 15 months at the latest.
    HappySammy

Answer by HappySammy at 3:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2009