My brothers vasectomy failed...happen to anyone else?

My brother had a vasectomy about a year ago. He went back for the test to see if it was working and there were no little swimmers. Last night his wife took a pregnancy test and it came back with a BFP!
I can't help be excited. My SIL is freaked out, she already has three boys.
So has this happened to any of you?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 2:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, it does happen. Rare, but any medical procedure like that can fail. It even says so in the materials/information about vastectomies. Tubals can fail too.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm a result of it but if he had a test and it showed normal, i would have doubts.

Anonymous

• My dh is getting one done and is araid of it happening, but I dont know anyone personally who has had it fail. But I guess if it is ment to be no surgery will be able to stop it huh?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• His wife works for labor and delivery at the hospital and they tested a sample again last night and it was full of swimmers.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If i were him i would want a paternity test, it seems like odd to me, but to each their own

Anonymous

• Sounds like reattachment.... he might want to call up the doctor who performed it and see about a refund!
    Anonymous

• I straight asked my husband if I were to get pregnant again if he would believe it was his or not, he said he would believe me but doubts if his family would.

If I were your sil, I would be demanding another surgery though to fix the one that failed! Hope they adjust to the news okay, what a surprise that must have been!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My friends husband had a vasectomy and he too was tested and found to have no little swimmers. Two years later she was pregnant. They were both shocked. Turns out the baby was my dads they were having an affair. I would tell you brother to get another test done and if he still has no swimmers to get a paternity test done. His wife probably cheated on him.
    Anonymous

• Not to me, but I knew a couple where he had a vasectomy and she had her tubes tied, and they still had a baby. That's what I call a real miracle!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Didn't happen to me, but to my parents - that's how I got my brother - haha.
    Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009