• In the Spotlight:

How much is too little?

My son's been off a bottle for three days now, except at night before bed. He still refuses to drink milk from a cup or anything else except for his bottle during the day.

How much is too little milk? He drinks water and juice during the day, and eats 2 to 3 regular meals depending on his appetite which varies more than any kid I know. He drinks 8 oz of milk at bedtime, and occasionally gets a bottle at night if he wakes up and won't go back to sleep without it.

Suggestions or advice welcome please.

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 2:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My daughter stopped drinking formula at 9 months. I tried giving it to her in different bottles and cups. I tried every kind of formula on the market. She just simply refused. I talked her pediatrician and he wasn't worried. She gets a vitamin and eats healthy. She won't drink milk but she eats cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 2:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son stopped drinking milk when he stopped the bottle, his doc said as long as he is getting calcium from other sources (cheese, yogurt, etc) he doesn't need to drink milk. My son and I both don't drink milk. Some people are just not milk drinkers. Have your tried chocolate milk? Just use enough chocolate to have a bit of flavor. Try a lower fat milk. my son will on occasion drink skim milk.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Kids don't HAVE to drink milk. If your child doesn't like to drink milk, don't worry about it. Just make sure he does eat cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese. You could also change what milk you buy. I never liked the taste of milk as a kid. Once I discovered skim milk I became a milk drinker.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009