Paying someone to do your laundry

Have you ever taken your laundry somewhere like the laundry mat or anywhere for that matter that does wash and fold service and just let them do your laundry for you, and pay them? I did today because i was afraid i wouldn't have time to do the laundry on my lunch break, and i have we have to be soemwhere tonight. I have never done it before though, but i acutallt felt kind of relieved knowing that when i go back to pick it up it will be clean, folded, or hung up and all i have to do is put it where it belongs. I may do it more often. Have you ever done it before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I havent ever done it, but if someone wanted to pay me to do their laundry for them I would.
    Anonymous

• I did it when we moved from California to Missouri because we didn't have a washer yet and I needed the clothes cleaned. I have considered doing it recently. I got really far behind on laundry due to sick babies. It would be great to take it and pick it up a few hours later and having it ready! If only it was a little cheaper. I would love to hire someone to come to my house to do it too!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• LOL I've paid someone to come to my house and do the laundry and put it away........Not often but I have done it lol.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No, I don't want people going through my dirty laundry!! (either way...lol) I am very particular about how my clothes are washed, folded and organized. I have a place for everything and it would make me nuts not knowing where all my things are. I have brought clothes to the dry cleaner, but that's different, I have no other choice.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no way. I don't like ppl touching my things. I don't know where their hands have been!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I haven't done it. But I know someone who works in a laundry mat and the stories I've heard are gross. I'll take care of my own dirty clothes :)
    qtmomof2

Answer by qtmomof2 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No I have never paid some one to do it but I purposely wash everything and have it in baskets when my MIL comes over to babysit and she folds it all! I hate laundry!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Nope, but with as much laundry as we have around here, I'm SERIOUSLY considering it!!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I've never done it - only because I was never in a situation to. We had 8 kids in our family, and my mother always sent all our linens out to be done. Otherwise, she'd never get laundry done by herself.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'll do your laundry, Just $2 per pound.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009