If your child is 15 months and younger and you get them vaccinated did yours get vaccinated from Rotavirus?

The reason I am asking is because I have a 4 year old that never had the vaccine so achually new nothing about it until my youngest 15 month old caught Rotavirus her doctor said she went back to look at her vaccine records and noticed she was never vaccinated from his old doctor she said they have to be vaccinated at 2 4 and 6 months after 6 months they can't vaccinate for it anymore and it achually isn't a shot it is an oral medicine. At least I thought I heard her say that. Today I had to take her to the hospital for testings and told that doctor about the virus and everything he then told me that there was no such thing as that vaccine. So does anyone know if there is a Rotavirus vaccine for Ohio? Just curious to know if I heard my doctor right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That vaccine just came out with the last year or 2 and my youngest one has had it, not my other 2 because they are 7 and 4
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old got the vaccine...he still got Rota virus anyway and was hospitalized for a week.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my 2yr old had the vaccine and my 5month old
    Anonymous