Why wont my daughter eat after coming home from daycare?

Well my daughter doest want to eat after coming home from daycare. She always ask for juice when she comes home, but we really dont give it to her because we want her to eat. My daycare mom always tells me she eats great when shes at daycare. But when she comes home a totally different story. Then lately she has been waking up at like 5 in the morning. She never usually does that. When she wakes up shes ready to go and play. I have done that putting her to bed without feeding her. But it just seems to not work. I get frustrated because I am so worried about her. I a have asked the doctor about it. AND THE ANSWER WAS SHELL EAT WHEN SHES READY!! well weve done that she takes 2 bites and then gets down from the table..PLEASE HELP ME!!

AshleyNL

Asked by AshleyNL at 2:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe she is eating too much at daycare to be hungry when she gets home...or shes just so excited about being home she doesn't want to stop and eat. either way, i know its hard not to worry but she isn't going to starve herself just keep offering her food and if she doesn't want it then shes not hungry enough. as for the waking up try to put her to bed a little later at night
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Maybe she doesn't like your cooking. You could talk to the babysitter and find out her meals. Make sure you aren't cooking something she had recently. She might not like the way you fix a certain thing or the ingredients. My son can't stand my mother-in-law's cooking. She is probably waking up early because she's hungry. If my son doesn't eat a lot of his dinner, he wakes up really early. You can't sleep on an empty stomach. If she won't eat what you fix, try something totally different. Also, you could buy some Pediasure to give her on days she won't eat dinner. That way, she is still getting nutrition. I don't see the harm in giving her a little juice when she gets home. My son drinks a full cup of water every day when he gets home and still eats his dinner. Are you trying to feed her too early and she isn't hungry yet? Maybe they give her a late snack and you could try offering dinner later.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My dd eats two plates at day care plus snacks. She used to eat good at home too, but lately she's barely eating much. I think she's teethting and jsut not wanting to eat as much. I gave her a popcicle yesterday and she loved it! Try some of those go-gort things. Put them in the freezer then let your child eat that. (trip from a stranger at the grocery store.) But they key with food, is to look at the overall diet. If she's getting good nutrition at day care and a good amount, then just a snack at home may be reasonable. She may be teething too and just not want to chew. Try offering a snack just before bed time so help sleep through the night. My dd's been getting up too and it's driving me crazy! Luckily she goes back to sleep once I put her in my bed at 4 am. I hope it's just teething! :)
    Anonymous

• Most likely she eats a lot(or maybe too much) at daycare. My daughter was like that and I told the daycare instructor to not feed her about two hours before I pick her up. Therefore, she it's dinner time she's hungry. So, most likely it isnt anything to worry about. She will eat when she's hungry. Good luck with it!
    whateverFITSyou

Answer by whateverFITSyou at 5:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009