mowing the lawn

Do you think there would be any reason why I can't mow the law this summer while I'm pregnant. I actually like mowing the grass and it gives my husband a break so that he doesn't have to do it when he comes home from working all day.

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 2:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think you could mow it as long as your comfortable. I think puch mowing a ditch or something that would require motion like heavy lifting could be to hard but during pregnancy you should be able to do your normal physical activities.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• *push
    ria7

• I mowed mine until I was 8 months pregnant and I was due in July. So, I think you can but make sure you take breaks and drink lots of water
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Just don't do heavy lifting and make sure you stay hydrated.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no reason why. you aren't crippled. I am 34 weeks preggo and going to mow this weekend. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• No reason not to. You enjoy it, you should be fine.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you do it normally it should be no problem. No heavy lifting or jerking. Be aware of your movements
    Meloni

Answer by Meloni at 3:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• As long as you're already active, and your body is used to that, you should be fine. Just listen to your body- if you start to feel like it's too much, STOP. If you go beyond that, you can get light headed. Make sure you drink plenty of water. I rode my bike til I was 34 weeks, and was lifting weights well into my pregnancy. Also helped to keep me from gaining much weight! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2009