Does anyone get lonely while being a stay at home mom?

Mon-Thur. my hubby doesn't get home until 10:30pm from classes. I don't have another car to get out and go shopping. My son doesn't talk yet. I get lonely and just kinda feel blah. I watch tv all day while watching my son. I feel I need to start a new routine.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I do.

Even with my children screeching and running around and talking up a storm I still get lonely.

A change in the routine might be helpful. Take a walk, get a good book to read or learn to crochet or something that will keep your hands busy. Heck color in a coloring book...that helps too.

It will be ok. Just try something new and see if that helps.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• try to take a walk or put him in a bouncy seat and do some yard work. it gets you out of the whole feeling like the world is made of 4 walls...go to a park that is close enough to walk to, that kind of thing. and to keep yourself busy in the house, this is what i do...mondays bedrooms, tuesdays dust, wensdays vacum, thursdays bathrooms, fridays living room (then of course all the reg stuff like dishes and laundry) its a routine for you so you feel like you are doing something other than sitting around all day. at least you feel like you accomplished something
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have a 12 month and 4 1/2 year old. We take walks around our neighborhood (and soon there will be a playground/park acrossed the street too), we listen and dance to music together, we color, play games and do puzzles while the little one naps, we have ticklefests, etc. Just simple things that they love to do that help me keep my sanity a bit! : D
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have 5 kids at home full time, the three older ones are inschool and the two at home all day are 1 & 2. I also have no vehicle and go crazy with boredom and feeling blah. Unfortunately, it's been too chilly for walks and parks, and I don't have yard work I can do either. I keep my house insanely clean, but still find that I have way too much time on my hands to go crazy. I spend way more time on my computer than I care to admit. Maybe there are a couple other Mom's right in your neighborhood who you could get together with. Brunches, trips to the park, sometimes playing alone with the kids just doesn't make you feel better and you need another adult to socialize with.
    OneTiredMamaof5

Answer by OneTiredMamaof5 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i get bored to
    Anonymous

• I understand your feelings. My hubby works a swing shift that changes every month.I feel losted and loney alot of the times. I moved here a few years ago, still don't really have anyone that I would Call MY friends( we have friends that was his before I came along But not a g/f to to sit drink coffee with or talk to. I call old friends back home where i'm from but just seems they are busy anymore. I've talked to my husband about it , he is wonderful and trys. Does little extra's cause he knows how it makes me feel.( we live out a bit , so shopping things like that are preplanned.) But I feel like i'm running over the dog when hubby comes home and I'm not sure who's wagging their tail more to see him me or the dog. Think mine is needing friends to talk to. So i'm here to find friends!
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 11:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• YESSS
    dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:35 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• ooooooooh yeah! I have no more social life. very few people call me, no one ever stops by. one thing that helped me was going to library playgroups. I met many young moms with babies close to my sons age. i dont see them outside that setting, but that ok for now.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

• forgot to add, my SO works almost 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. so he is exhausted when he's home, works on his lawn mower or car, and lounges in front of the tv. so not much conversation goes on. but I can call him on his cell and talk whenever since he always has his phone on him!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009