I've had mastitis twice in 3 weeks! :( Any one else have this problem?

First my milk wasnt coming in. He was nursing bad and I ended up with mastitis in both sides. I went to the er and then to a lactation consultant and we worked out a feeding and pumping schedual to bring my supply up. It worked but then I started producing to much and he wasnt taking it all. Now I have it again. This time its taking along time to go away. I had to go to the dr twice to get stronger meds.

What else can I do to prevent this from happening again? I'm still nursing every 2-3 hours!

BrittAlva

Asked by BrittAlva at 2:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had this happen too, it hurts, try hot cold packs u can buy them at gerber.com i think, they help alot, and dont pump as much, like cut it in half, u know u can always build it back up again at this point, i had the same prob, it took a long time for me to figure it out, my girl is 10months and im still nursing|, babys change how much they want ALOT after a whie, month-2 ur body will have it figured out i got but on antibiotics about 4times b4 i got it figured out. good luck soon it will seem normal!
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 2:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Massage the hell out of them all day and everyday! It worked for me.. I would also let the hot water from the shower run over those areas while I massaged the clogged ducts.. Im sorry youre going through this. :(

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009