Could this be my mucus plug?

I am 35 wks prego and today at work while I went to pee-pee, I noticed a small twinge of pinkish tint in my underwear (like blood)!! I did go to the doctor yesterday and had a exam done and the Strep test so I was thinking maybe that caused it but I'm not sure. I'm not having any cramping (had some braxton hicks occassionally over past week or so but nothing serious) or pains. Has anyone had this and it been their plug? Or should it be something where I will definately know this is it? It's my first baby and I don't know what to look for or expect! Help!! lol

ms-ambi

Asked by ms-ambi at 2:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Does it have a thick, mucousy look to it? Not like regular discharge, but thicker?

More than likely its from the strepb test though.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You will notice the plug........it would be a very very thick discharge kind of fleshy with some tent. You might be spotting. which is normal. I am pregnant with my third kid and I have small tinting and it's normal. I hope this helps you.
    Meloni

Answer by Meloni at 3:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Here is a picture of what a mucus plug looks like & other information.

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/encyclopedia/M/Mucus-Plug/
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My mucus plug was like a huge snot ball. I think you will know it when you see it. It's probably from your exam but if your worried I would call a nurse or someone in Labor and Delivery. I did when I had a question and it helped ease my fears.
    Anonymous

• Sounds more like post-exam spotting. A mucus plug will look like snot on your underwear or on your tissue when you wipe. It may or may not have blood in it. Mine was bright yellow with no blood.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:12 AM on Apr. 10, 2009