How do you deal with schools and teachers who accuse of things you didn'r do cause they just don't want to deal with your kid?

everytime my son acts up they ask me if he had his medication this morning...and yes he gets it every day and they seem to think it will out like little perfect robot children.HELP:

Mochan

Asked by Mochan at 3:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Be polite about it and say something like "Yes, he always gets his medication, and I never forget"

What kind of things is he doing?

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It’s hard being a teacher with a whole bunch of kids and one or more constantly disrupt. It is not that the teacher does not want to deal with your kid, it’s just that the kids behavior is a problem. The teacher is obviously struggling with what to do about your kids behavior, so maybe you two need to sit down and have a talk. Maybe you have some pointers on how to steer your kid in the right direction? Things that work for you?
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 3:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• He has ADHD and Aspberger syndrome so he needs one on one atttention..bu tthey refuse to put him in resource but he gets sent out of class has he is disruptive.
    Anonymous

• In my case, I homeschool mine so I don't have to deal with it.

If I have an issue with my child's teacher --- ie myself --- then I would be the one needing medication! LOL

MANY accelling & non-medicated homeschoolers were formerly suppressed & over-medicated public schoolers.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• LOL Mason knows now he acts up he gets out of class and he has even started having accidents again.
    Anonymous

• I would be having a conference with everyone at school! If you are medicating him, and he is still acting up, there may be something in the room that is setting him off and needs to be moved out. If he is just not able to handle being in a room with that many children, he needs to be put in a class with fewer children. I understand you wanting to mainstream him, but if it is better for him, he may have to be put in the special ed class. I have a son with PDD-NOS so I understand part of it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Find a new school, whatever it takes. If the school isn't willing to help your child (and wants him medicated so they can 'deal' with him) then he's not in the right place. Kids aren't robots and they shouldn't be expected to behave like them. I'd also guess that the material being covered is either not interesting to him or the learning style doesn't fit.
    alurien

Answer by alurien at 6:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• * alurien I agree with previous poster (Quoted above) I just pulled out my son and will home school the remainder of this year and find a school that is better suited to him next year even if we have to go private school route, there are grants. My son has ADHD, PTSD, Bipolar 1n a speech articulation disorder and I will not put him on bipolar drugs right now because all they were trying were zombifying him and stunting his growth. Behavior modification,redirection, and his adhd medication(Focalin) are all he needs to succeed right now and since his school wouldn't recognize his diagnosis and (IMO) were too lazy to use redirection and behavior modification (one teacher out of four was good!) We pulled him out. He is the son of me and my husband I must fight for him cause no one else will and if you need tips, help or just to talk just pm me.

Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 8:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It sounds like your child is being punished because of behavior directly related to his disablities. This is a big no-no. What does his IEP say should be done when he is distruptive? What adaptions are the teachers suppose to be making so he can be successful? You might need to call a meeting of the IEP team.
    Bluebonnet72

Answer by Bluebonnet72 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Schools want perfect little robot children. The modern school has no tolerance for healthy, curious, active children. This is the problem with the current education system. School's have become prisons not a place of education. Homeschool. You will be happy with the results, and you will have a happier more well adjusted child.
    Anonymous