I'm 38 weeks and 4 days and today I lost my whole mucous plug and it had brown on it! Am I going to go into labor soon?

mommakam

Asked by mommakam at 3:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could go into labor anytime from now until 40+ weeks. I would do a lot of walking!! That is what I did! Good luck and congrats!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If your water breaks....then yes go to the ER. Go walking .....clean your floors ......have sex......chances are you can go into labor anytime from now until a week after your due date.
    Meloni

Answer by Meloni at 3:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• you are very close mama! brown on the muscous plug is a sure sign that you'll go into labor very soon! GL
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Maybe. You can also lose your plug and not go into labor for a couple of weeks. Every woman is different.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Start walking chick. Walking helps a great deal if you want your labor to start.

The mucous plug doesn't mean you're going into labor right now....just that it will happen soon.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I lost my plug in the morning with both pregnancies and went into labor that night with both. It does not happen this way for everyone, but it's very possible! Good luck!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 4:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I lost my plug at 35 weeks, I went into labor at 40 weeks....everyone is diffirent, some go into labor very soon after, others dont.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2009