Feel like I am fading away...

This sounds dramatic but sometimes fatigue just overwhelms me and I feel like I am fading away. My doctor says I have a B-12 deficiency and is treating it with oral supplements but I don't feel any better. I am exhausted but I can't sleep. I am 32 but feel 72. This affects everything in my life--I can't be everything to everyone when I feel this way. My husband wants sex all the time and that's the last thing I want. I make myself do it at least once a week but that's all I can do. My dd is 2 1/2 and needs me to be with her, play with her, and I do as much as I can but I feel I am not doing enough.

So what do I do--beg my doctor to try a new treatment? Or just keep forcing one foot in front of the other? Go lay down in between things and pray life gets better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• could be other things... chronic fatigue syndrome
    have you tried the sublingual b12 drops that you put under your tongue, they might work better than pills.
    diet change, drink plenty of water. im sure youve thought of all those things but sometimes its little changes that can make a huge difference. just a thought
    good luck, i hope you feel better soon!
    I have fibromyalgia and it freakin SUCKS! i know how it can be too feel so damn tired all the time.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Well it depends on how long you have been on this treatment. If it has only been a few days maybe give it some time. If it has been a few months then yeah go back for something new. Exercise or a hobby can give you extra energy. Drink more water.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I've been on the treatment for a month but have felt this way for years.
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 3:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Have you thought about trying some sound nutritional products. Message me for what I use. I think it will help. It helped me.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 3:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• how did you get tested for that? i have the same thing going on and my dr thought it was PMDD. maybe i should go back and see it that isnt my problem
    Anonymous

• Also, if you haven't already get your thyroid checked. That can cause you to have no energy at all depressed, and all you want to do is sleep. It's worth looking into GL.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 6:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009