Are pulling muscles normal?

Am I the only one that has butt, back and stomach pains? I buttcheek hurts when I walk and my tailbone hurts bad when I sit! I got out of bed this morning and felt like I was going into labor, I guess I pulled my stomach muscle? Am I the only one with pains like this? Im 31 weeks preggo.

jennprice

Asked by jennprice at 3:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 34 weeks and my abs and my back hurt all the time now. Its just cause you are carrying your weight differently now.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Completely normal. When you're pregnant, your prolactin levels go up, which make your ligaments soft. The purpose for this is to allow your pelvis to separate to make room for the baby. But, it makes all of your ligaments soft and super easy to pull and strain.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Sounds normal. Everything hurt when I was in my third trimester. Try to take it easy, and listen to your body. The PP has it right- your ligaments are soft to allow your uterus to grow and for Baby to make his/her way out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2009