I am supossed to do something for myself everyday?? I don't know how/what to do!!

I have diabetes, fibromyalgia, arthritis, trigeminal neuralgia, asthma, depression, anxiety, PTSD and sleep apnea. I can't walk much at all and sometimes I am not able to walk for days due to excruciating pain. I have been told by my doctors and case worker that I do everything for my kids and nothing for me. So what should/could I do for me?
Don't bash - you will be reported!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thanks ladies!! I have gotten some great ideas from you!! I have not thought of these, and I will begin to explore these: gardening (we eat a lot of fresh veggies - so that would be great!) and knitting. I don't really know how to sew and I would love to learn how to knit. Thanks again!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• read a book w/o your kids around, walk on the days you arent in pain maybe if you start walking when you aren't in pain you'll find that the pain isn't as bad anymore, garden, swim
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Go get a pedicure or your hair done, take a nap or a nice bath, go to the park buy yourself and just sit, go to the movies. There are tons of things you can do for yourself, some cost money some don't.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 3:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you aren't doing anything for yourself now I have to wonder what that means. Sometimes you have to make yourself a priority so you are healthy mentally and phyisically for your kids. Are you doing your hair? you could get a good cut and make sure you are making yourself presentable so you feel like going to the park, or on a walk. All of the above things are great ideas.try new things to discover what your passions are_ get a hobby (like scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, reading). Swimming is a great activity that the whole family can do and it is easy on the joints!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you're wanting suggestions on things to do for yourself, maybe the first thing you should do is try to come across in a nice way...
    I would start a journal, write something in it everyday, about you, your kids, your family, or just how your'e feeling that day... Add something healthy to your diet everyday, take a bubble bath every evening after your kids are in bed. Go to the library and get a good book, read every evening... Or just simply smile every morning that you wake up and realize that you were given another day with your family and be thankful... Take care
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Take an online class that is of something you have always wanted to do. Scrapbook pictures, read a good book that you have been meaning to read....classics are always a good choice. Get your hair done, nails done. If possible go sit in a hot tub.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009