I got a positive opk today, when do you BD?

Heidi09

Asked by Heidi09 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you got a positive OPK today, you will ovulate within 24-36 hours. So as long as your DH's sperm count isn't low, go ahead and do today, tomorrow and the next day, and maybe even the day after that just to be sure. If his count is low. I would do it now, and then not tomorrow but the day after tomorrow. You should do every other day if he has a low count. So, go do it now and then do it Saturday morning if there's an issue on his end.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• how do you know if his count is low or not? We have been bding since sunday!
    Heidi09

Answer by Heidi09 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• The only way to know would be to do an at home test (you can buy them at Walgreens) or to have the doctor do a sperm analysis. If you have other kids and haven't had trouble, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you have been having troubles, you may want to get him checked out. We waited too long and my DH had a varicocele, and since we didn't find it early, it did quite a bit of damage. He had to have surgery and we'll find out in a little over a week if the surgery helped or not.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009