do any of you find yourself copying the behaviors of your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• i will whine to mine when she whines to me so she can see how annoying it is...or when she just sits there and says mommy like a million times i'll call her name...she finds it funny though so i had to stop that she thought it was a game...but otherwise ummm no shes 3 why would i act like a 3 yr old?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I find that it is the other way around. Kids pick up behaviors and learn them from those around them.
    If you child has a bad behavior.. chances are you or someone close to you are to thank.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• yes- i know that children pick up behaviors from their parents!! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT! i was flipping the question around to make it more interesting.
    Anonymous

• On occasion I do, more for fun then anything, but everyonce in a while a good imitation stops them in thier tracks.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• We always say "mornay" instead of morning, because that is how my DD said it. We say other words like the kids did also. We don't shit our pants or cry in the middle of the night though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009